Landing A Higher Education Job During the Pandemic with Sam Cooper
Today’s episode is one that is long overdue. An exclusive interview with our head coach, trainer and co-host of Inside Study Abroad: Sam Cooper. Tune in to hear how Sam’s first family trip to Paris sparked her career in international education and how she managed her own “S” curve progression in her life and career.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Sam first developed a spark for study abroad
- The beginning stages of Sam’s career in study abroad
- How Sam and I first met and offered me my first job in the field
- How traveling around the world resulted in Sam finding a focus and better understanding of what she wanted to spend her time and energy on
- What resulted Sam to deciding to invest in a master’s degree
- Sam’s job search experience after obtaining a master’s degree
- The value of work experience in order to know if you like it or not
- Pros and cons from working in a small business compared to a bigger corporation
- How the pandemic affected Sam’s career and how she overcame it
- What Sam learned as a result of losing her job amidst the pandemic
- Chelsea College of Arts - University of the Arts London
- University of California Education Abroad Program
- EUSA - Academic Internship Experts
- Portland State University - Nonprofit and Public Management
- University of Roehampton
ABOUT SAM COOPER:
Sam has over 20 years of experience working in higher education, with a background in international education and work-based learning. She is passionate about experiential education, as well as providing opportunities for professionals in international education to learn about best practices and collaborate to improve experience for both students and staff. She has lived and worked in the US, UK, and Argentina and visited over 34 countries in her travels.
Sam holds a Masters of Public Administration from Portland State University, specializing in nonprofit management, and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara in French and Psychology.
Sam is now the Senior Placements and Business Engagement Manager at the University of Roehampton.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!