Meaningful City Hopping in Study Abroad, Advising Mistakes, and Travel Celebrities with Andy StevesJul 28, 2016
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners who keep this podcast and newsletter free to our community:
- Power-up your online business and digital marketing with Kajabi, the #1 all-in-one course hosting and marketing platform for organizations gearing up for the knowledge economy. Get a 30-day Free Trial here! (aff link)
- Not a graphic designer but need stunning graphics? Create stunning graphics with ease using Canva's intuitive design platform built for non-designers. Choose from a wide range of customizable templates and design tools to bring your creative visions to life. Get a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro. (aff link)
I'm back from Tanzania and an epic summit to the Roof of Africa (Mount Kilimanjaro). In classic study abroad fashion, I'm still processing the experience (which was the hardest thing I've ever done). Can't wait to share more about it soon!
I'm so excited to bring you this week's episode of the podcast with my friend Andy Steves! Andy is the founder of Weekend Student Adventures, author of Andy Steves' Europe: City Hopping on a Budget, and an innovative voice in the world of international education.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Andy got his start in travel before even being born
- What it’s like growing up in a travel-centric family
- The most impactful travel moments in Andy’s life
- The role Andy took on during his study abroad program
- Why he created a company in the student travel industry
- How WSA integrates fun with meaningful travel experiences
- How the IE professionals have responded to Andy and the WSA mission
- The impact the “Steves” brand has had on Andy’s career
- How Andy wrote his first book
- The value of city-hopping during study abroad
- The mistakes professionals are making when advising study abroad students
- The characteristics Andy looks for in new team members
- Paradox of Choice - Book* and TedTalk
- Get a copy of Andy's Book: Andy Steves' Europe: City Hopping on a Budget
- Weekend Student Adventures
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're still looking for traction in your global education career, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ The Global Pro Labs & Certificate Program: Gain the skills and foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow a career in global education. These Labs focus on five core functional areas of the field that every global education professional should understand. Receive a Certificate of Completion to share on LinkedIn. Join 150+ students here.
→ The Global Pro Career Institute: Steal my secrets that have helped me and my students build standout personal brands, stunningly impressive bodies of work, powerhouse networks, and dream candidate applications. Join 500+ students.
2. Promote your business and brand to 17,000+ Inside Study Abroad subscribers and community members by sponsoring the podcast and newsletter.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!