International Education Software, ABD, and Karaoke with Brandon Lee of Terra DottaMay 24, 2016
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners who keep this podcast and newsletter free to our community:
- Power-up your online business and digital marketing with Kajabi, the #1 all-in-one course hosting and marketing platform for organizations gearing up for the knowledge economy. Get a 30-day Free Trial here! (aff link)
- Not a graphic designer but need stunning graphics? Create stunning graphics with ease using Canva's intuitive design platform built for non-designers. Choose from a wide range of customizable templates and design tools to bring your creative visions to life. Get a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro. (aff link)
This week I’m bringing you an interview I did a couple of years ago with Brandon Lee, the CEO and co-founder of Terra Dotta. I first heard Brandon’s story during a chat at CIEE in Shanghai and knew I had to share his journey with the rest of the IE community.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What random event introduced this small town Wisconsin guy to big wide world
- Why Brandon chose France/French as his focus
- How Brandon and Garrett found themselves in the tech/software industry
- What the heck is philology?
- The BIG moment and opportunity that became the launch of Terra Dotta
- Brandon’s tips for small, one-person offices
- Why Terra Dotta started their notorious conference karaoke events
- Why Brandon received death threats a few years into the business
- What TD looks for in new employees
I couldn’t find the San Antonio NAFSA info. :(
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're still looking for traction in your global education career, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ The Global Pro Labs & Certificate Program: Gain the skills and foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow a career in global education. These Labs focus on five core functional areas of the field that every global education professional should understand. Receive a Certificate of Completion to share on LinkedIn. Join 150+ students here.
→ The Global Pro Career Institute: Steal my secrets that have helped me and my students build standout personal brands, stunningly impressive bodies of work, powerhouse networks, and dream candidate applications. Join 500+ students.
2. Promote your business and brand to 17,000+ Inside Study Abroad subscribers and community members by sponsoring the podcast and newsletter.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!