BIG CAREER NEWS + What's coming in 2022!Jan 06, 2022
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners who keep this podcast and newsletter free to our community:
- Power-up your online business and digital marketing with Kajabi, the #1 all-in-one course hosting and marketing platform for organizations gearing up for the knowledge economy. Get a 30-day Free Trial here! (aff link)
- Not a graphic designer but need stunning graphics? Create stunning graphics with ease using Canva's intuitive design platform built for non-designers. Choose from a wide range of customizable templates and design tools to bring your creative visions to life. Get a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro. (aff link)
Happy new year! I haven’t been this excited for a new year in a long time. Before we get to the good stuff coming this year, here’s a quick recap of 2021. It was not the year I had planned for, but it ended up being full of pleasant surprises.
- Our training team made up of seasoned international educators from all areas of the field taught over 65 students in our Global Pro Labs. In these Labs, we teach you how to do the work of international education: international student advising, international admissions and recruitment, study abroad advising, program design and delivery, and modern marketing.
- We taught and coached 25 students in the Global Pro Institute AND placed 17 people in remote internships across the industry - at program providers, global non-profits, colleges, and universities in all areas of international education.
- I did speaking engagements at Auburn University, the GAP Year Association, and the Global Leadership League
Of course, this year wasn’t all roses and sunshine. It had a LOT of challenges that come with running a global education company in the middle of a global pandemic.
If you want to hear more about those challenges, check out the video below (or on the Brazenist podcast here).
What 2021 Meant for My Business, Career, and Life
So here's what you'll learn in this episode:
- I share the biggest career decision I've made since 2013 when I decided to leave my position as Senior Vice President of GoAbroad.com to start my own company (and what it means for Inside Study Abroad)
- How you can learn my system and approach to landing highly-competitive roles in Global Education - FREE Workshop next week (Register here)
- The future of the Global Pro Institute and why this will the the "Last" GPI cohort.
- Upcoming podcast interviews with Rich Kurtzman of Barcelona Study Abroad Experience and more
- An exciting new partnership coming in February!
If you’ve been a listener since the beginning, thank you so much for being a part of this journey with me since I started the podcast back in 2016.
Hopefully I’ll be seeing and meeting many of you in person at Forum, NAFSA, or some other event very soon.
It’s going to be an incredible year!
Get out there and make some magic happen! Cheers!
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're still looking for traction in your global education career, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ The Global Pro Labs & Certificate Program: Gain the skills and foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow a career in global education. These Labs focus on five core functional areas of the field that every global education professional should understand. Receive a Certificate of Completion to share on LinkedIn. Join 150+ students here.
→ The Global Pro Career Institute: Steal my secrets that have helped me and my students build standout personal brands, stunningly impressive bodies of work, powerhouse networks, and dream candidate applications. Join 500+ students.
2. Promote your business and brand to 17,000+ Inside Study Abroad subscribers and community members by sponsoring the podcast and newsletter.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!