Study Abroad Consumerism, Being Cool, and Internships in China with Daniel Nivern and Edward Holroyd Pearce of CRCC Asia
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners who keep this podcast and newsletter free to our community:
- Power-up your online business and digital marketing with Kajabi, the #1 all-in-one course hosting and marketing platform for organizations gearing up for the knowledge economy. Get a 30-day Free Trial here! (aff link)
- Not a graphic designer but need stunning graphics? Create stunning graphics with ease using Canva's intuitive design platform built for non-designers. Choose from a wide range of customizable templates and design tools to bring your creative visions to life. Get a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro. (aff link)
On this week’s episode, I’m talking with Daniel Nivern and Edward Holyrod Pearce, co-founders of CRCC-Asia and Virtual Internships. I met Daniel and Ed many moons ago at the GoOverseas marketing conference in San Francisco. As I got to know this dynamic duo a little better, learned their personal stories and how CRCC Asia got started, I knew I had to have them on the show. CRCC Asia’s sweet spot is definitely internships in China, but they also run more traditional study abroad and language immersion programs as well.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE:
- What happened to Ed and Daniel at ages 9 and 14 (respectively) that changed their lives forever.
- What Daniel considers “cool”
- The real role of internship organizations
- What’s industries are hot in China right now
- Why even people with no knowledge of the country or the language need to spend some time in China
- The biggest misconceptions students have about interning in China
- Why internships and study abroad programs should “suck” a little
GIC Debate (Find my talk at 10:45 and the Q&A section at 33:03 where Daniel zings me with a great question!)
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're still looking for traction in your global education career, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ The Global Pro Labs & Certificate Program: Gain the skills and foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow a career in global education. These Labs focus on five core functional areas of the field that every global education professional should understand. Receive a Certificate of Completion to share on LinkedIn. Join 150+ students here.
→ The Global Pro Career Institute: Steal my secrets that have helped me and my students build standout personal brands, stunningly impressive bodies of work, powerhouse networks, and dream candidate applications. Join 500+ students.
2. Promote your business and brand to 17,000+ Inside Study Abroad subscribers and community members by sponsoring the podcast and newsletter.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!