How to Bring GAP Year to Mainstream International Education with Ethan Knight
This week's episode I'm sharing my chat with Ethan Knight, founder of Carpe Diem Education and the American GAP Association (AGA). Ethan and I talk about why he was inspired to grow a international education organization focused on high school students, the power of his own meaningful experiences abroad, why GAP programs are the wave of the future, and what he's trying to do to bring GAP programs to the forefront of mainstream International Education.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The pivotal moment in college that changed Ethan's life
- How Ethan found the audacity to start his own IE organization
- Why mentorship in your career is so important
- What makes GAP year programs different (maybe better?) than traditional international programs
- Why Ethan founded AGA and it's mission for the future
- The five core principles of GAP year programs
- Leap Now (not working)
- Carpe Diem Education
- American GAP Year
- Connect with Ethan on LinkedIn
- Attend the American GAP Association conference
- Kolb Experiential Learning Model
- Kuh High Impact Practices
- American Gap Association Alumni Survey Results
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!