How to Bring GAP Year to Mainstream International Education with Ethan KnightJan 26, 2017
A big thank you to our sponsors and partners who keep this podcast and newsletter free to our community:
- Power-up your online business and digital marketing with Kajabi, the #1 all-in-one course hosting and marketing platform for organizations gearing up for the knowledge economy. Get a 30-day Free Trial here! (aff link)
- Not a graphic designer but need stunning graphics? Create stunning graphics with ease using Canva's intuitive design platform built for non-designers. Choose from a wide range of customizable templates and design tools to bring your creative visions to life. Get a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro. (aff link)
This week's episode I'm sharing my chat with Ethan Knight, founder of Carpe Diem Education and the American GAP Association (AGA). Ethan and I talk about why he was inspired to grow a international education organization focused on high school students, the power of his own meaningful experiences abroad, why GAP programs are the wave of the future, and what he's trying to do to bring GAP programs to the forefront of mainstream International Education.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- The pivotal moment in college that changed Ethan's life
- How Ethan found the audacity to start his own IE organization
- Why mentorship in your career is so important
- What makes GAP year programs different (maybe better?) than traditional international programs
- Why Ethan founded AGA and it's mission for the future
- The five core principles of GAP year programs
- Leap Now (not working)
- Carpe Diem Education
- American GAP Year
- Connect with Ethan on LinkedIn
- Attend the American GAP Association conference
- Kolb Experiential Learning Model
- Kuh High Impact Practices
- American Gap Association Alumni Survey Results
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. If you're still looking for traction in your global education career, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ The Global Pro Labs & Certificate Program: Gain the skills and foundational knowledge needed to launch and grow a career in global education. These Labs focus on five core functional areas of the field that every global education professional should understand. Receive a Certificate of Completion to share on LinkedIn. Join 150+ students here.
→ The Global Pro Career Institute: Steal my secrets that have helped me and my students build standout personal brands, stunningly impressive bodies of work, powerhouse networks, and dream candidate applications. Join 500+ students.
2. Promote your business and brand to 17,000+ Inside Study Abroad subscribers and community members by sponsoring the podcast and newsletter.
3 Secrets To Build Your Study Abroad & Global Education Career...
Watch our free workshop on launching and leveling-up your career in global programs - and learn how I went from intern to executive in just 4 years!